Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Another crafty week

So, I realized I never ever put up a picture of the blanket I made Tim. He's not taken a picture of it laid out though, so here's a folded version of it sitting on his chair. Imagine it about 4 times as big.
My family then got together for lunch. Went to The Bead Shop for a bit. Went back home and met up with Melissa and Freecia to sew up some bags. I have to admit that it was difficult, but so much fun, and SO rewarding. My little sister and cousin were beading next to us, and poor Greg was caught in the middle of the crafting fest. Thanks for sitting with us Greg! With an hour dinner break in between, it took us from about 5:30-11:30 of interpreting patterns, cutting, pinning (or in my case not pinning, but praying), and sewing!

I'm quite proud.  It's a little more chocolate brown. . .these pics are a little dark. . .

Do you like the last minute stitched design on it? Almost didn't do it, but can you imagine how plain it would have been if it was just plain brown? A little off-center, but I actually had wanted it more off-centered . . .oh well!

Isn't the inside pattern fun? A button and loop keep the shape of the bag.

Inside I sewed in a SUPER weak magnet. . .probably should have been patient and bought stronger ones, or a real clasp, but that's what I get for being impatient.
This is what it looks like expanded.

No comments: